The Chief Data Officer (CDO) position was established in 2018 in accordance with Connecticut General Statutes. The CDO is responsible for:
- Directing executive branch agencies on the use and management of data to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of state programs and policies
- Facilitating the sharing and use of executive branch agency data (A) between executive branch agencies, and (B) with the public
- Coordinating data analytics and transparency master planning for executive branch agencies
- Creating the State Data Plan
- Providing a procedure for each agency head to report regarding the agency's progress toward achieving the plan's goals.
In addition to each of the above responsibilities, the CDO takes a leading role in operating the state's Open Data Portal.
Chief Data Officer:
Office of Policy and Management
450 Capitol Ave
Hartford, CT 06106