Possession of 1.5 oz of cannabis is now legal. Retail sales will likely not be available until at least the end of 2022. Those who wish to grow cannabis at home may not at this time. Medical marijuana patients will be able to grow up to 3 mature and 3 immature plants at home starting October 1, 2021, with a cap of 12 total plants per household. All adults will be able to grow under the same rules starting July 1, 2023.
For those considering starting a business, the Department of Consumer Protection will release applications within a few months, pending further directives from the Social Equity Council. Please be aware that there are also very specific advertising guidelines for businesses who intent to participate in the retail sale of cannabis.
Please read the articles below for more details, and check back regularly for updates.
- Adult-use cannabis license fees
- Adult-use cannabis retail sales
- Buying or selling products with delta-8-THC or delta-10-THC in Connecticut
- Cannabis and advertising
- License application availability
- What cannabis means for hemp farmers and hemp production