A person that is licensed to package products and shall be responsible for ensuring that cannabis products are labeled and packaged in compliance with all state laws, regulations, and policies.
Eligible applicants must meet all licensing requirements as outlined in Section 46 of Public Act 21-1 (June Sp. Sess.), the Department’s policies and procedures, and all other relevant state and local laws and regulations.
IMPORTANT: All individuals that are identified as backers associated with the cannabis establishment application must also complete a backer application before the close of the application window to ensure they are considered as part of the application.
- Initial Application Checklist - General Lottery
- Initial Application Checklist - Social Equity Lottery
- Initial Application Checklist - Equity Joint Venture or Social Equity Partner
- Backer Application Checklist - Social Equity Applicant
- Backer Application Checklist - non-Social Equity Applicant
Most Common Licensing Pathway: Lottery
Lottery Application Period
Multiple lotteries for Product Packager licenses will be held. DCP will announce the number of available licenses and the duration of the application period before each application period.
Lottery Round 1
Application Open Date: 12:01 a.m. EST, March 17, 2022
Application Close Date: 11:59 p.m. EST, June 15, 2022
Only complete applications submitted and paid for by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date will be considered.
Number of Applications for this License Type Allocated through the Lottery
Lottery Round 1: 3 general licenses, 3 Social Equity licenses
Future lottery rounds will be announced. Please check back at a later date.
Licensing Pathways Not Subject to the Lottery
These licensing pathways are not subject to the lottery and do not have a closing date for applications:
Apply online at https://elicense.ct.gov/
Applicant and Backer License Limits (Section 40 of PA 21-1)
The Department cannot award a license to any applicant selected through the lottery that has two or more licensees of the same type, or in the same license category, or any applicant that includes a backer that has managerial control of or is a backer of two or more licensees of the same type, or in the same license category. Dispensary facility, retailer and hybrid retailer licenses shall be considered to be within the same license category and producer, cultivator and micro-cultivator licenses shall be considered to be within the same license category.
- Product Packager Definition
- Public Act 21-1 (June Spec. Sess.)
- Policies and Procedures
- Consumer Product Safety Commission Poison Prevention Packaging Act
- Social Equity Council Questions: email@example.com
- Other Licensing and Application Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org