The Office of the Attorney General represents the public interest, not individuals, and cannot provide legal advice. However, as a public service, the Office of the Attorney General may provide informal mediation services to assist consumers who are unable to resolve an issue on their own. The Office of the Attorney General may also refer complaints it receives to other government agencies.

Non-payment of wages complaints should be filed directly with the Department of Labor (DOL) on its nonpayment of wage complaint form.

If you have a mortgage-related problem, please contact the state Department of Banking's Foreclosure Assistance Hotline by calling 1-877-472-8313. The Foreclosure Assistance Hotline is staffed by specialists that have escalation contacts with most loan servicers and can provide information on other resources available to Connecticut homeowners. For more information, visit the state Department of Banking's Web site.

If you have questions concerning firearms permits or the purchase, sale or transfer of firearms, please contact the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection Special Licensing and Firearms Unit.

If you have questions regarding a criminal matter, please note that the Office of the Attorney General does not handle criminal matters. Please direct your questions to the Division of Criminal Justice. Questions regarding inmates, including their location, medical care, visiting privileges, and release should be directed to the Department of Correction.

Whistleblower complaints about state departments, state agencies, quasi-public agencies or large state contractors must be filed directly with the Auditors of Public Accounts. The Auditors of Public Accounts will review such matters and report their findings and any recommendations to the Attorney General. Only then may the Attorney General investigate the matter further Please click here for information from the Auditors on how to file a whistleblower complaint.

For information about filing a discrimination complaint, please visit the website of the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities

Connecticut Data Privacy Act (“CTDPA”) Before filing a complaint related to your rights under the Connecticut Data Privacy Act (“CTDPA”), please review our FAQ page here. After you review the FAQs, if you wish to file a complaint related to the CTDPA, please choose “Consumer Data Privacy” from the subject list on the e-complaint form to help us best direct the complaint. 

What should I do if I have previously submitted a complaint and wish to update, amend or supplement my submission?
Please send an email to the staff member who is assigned to your complaint with your update and include the reporting entity’s name and your case number in the subject line instead of submitting another e-complaint. 

To file a complaint with the Office of the Attorney General please use the link below.

 File a Complaint

At this time, the Office of the Attorney General is unable to accept electronic complaints in languages other than English. Please click one of the following links to download, complete and submit a complaint form in a language other than English:

Spanish  |  Portuguese  |  Polish |  Italian  |  Haitian Creole (French)  |  Chinese

 *Information submitted to the Office of the Attorney General may be considered public information and subject to disclosure under the Connecticut Freedom Of Information Act, Connecticut General Statutes Section 1-200 et. seq.