|Contact: Steve Jensen
|November 20, 2013|
LT. GOV. WYMAN ATTENDING NATIONAL LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR'S ASSOCIATION MEETING IN ARKANSAS THIS WEEK
Lt. Governor Nancy Wyman is joining a dozen of her peers to discuss economic development and public safety issues at the National Lieutenant Governor's Association (NLGA) Executive Committee meeting in Little Rock, Arkansas, November 20 - 22.
Wyman will get a first look at a federal pilot program to change unemployment insurance administration to a nationally integrated, single system of 'reemployment. She also will discuss initiatives designed to boost U.S. manufacturing and retail and to diversify regional economies.
The NLGA agenda also includes an examination of how the 2015 expansion of the Panama Canal will impact states, including the effect on ports, energy and agriculture. Public safety discussions will include briefings on drug enforcement, homeland security, and an innovation in statewide emergency 911 systems.
Speakers at the meeting include:
· Former Federal Emergency Management Assn. (FEMA) Director James Lee Witt
· Former Congressman Asa Hutchinson, the nation's first-ever Border & Transportation Security Undersecretary
· U.S. Dept. of Labor Unemployment Insurance Administrator Gay Gilbert
· Arkansas State Economic Forecaster Dr. Michael Pakko
· Federal Maritime Commissioner William Doyle
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/@LGWyman
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LtGovWyman