Overwriting a Document File
- Log into Sitecore.
- Right-click the Sitecore image in the top left of the screen and open it in a new tab.
- Select the Media Library icon.
- Navigate to the original document file you wish to overwrite with the new document file.
- Select the document file to view its properties.
- Select the Lock and Edit link from the yellow message bar (if applicable).
- Scroll down to the Media section and select the Detach link.
- A pop up window will appear, select OK.
- Now, select the Attach link.
- A pop up window will appear, select the Choose File button to browse for the new document file.
- Select the Attach button.
- Select the Save Changes icon.
- Select the Edit icon to display drop down options and select Check In.
- Publish the Media Library file for the change to take affect.
NOTE: If you are a Content Author, you will need a System Administrator to publish the Media Library file to complete the process.