Absentee Voting by Military and Citizens Overseas

Top 10 Armed Forces Absentee Voting Tips
1.  Contact your Unit Voting Assistance Officer, if necessary, for help in requesting your absentee ballot using the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA).

2.  Obtain your FPCA as soon as possible using a hard copy form or the online version located at www.fvap.gov.

3.  Determine your residency. To qualify as a Connecticut resident, you must consider it your permanent residence, a place where you have lived at some point and plan to live when you return.

4.  If you are a Connecticut voter, visit the Connecticut Secretary of State's website.

5.  On the FPCA, make sure you provide your current mailing address to avoid delay in receiving your ballot.

6.  Make sure you send your FPCA to the proper town clerk in your town of residence. Connecticut residents can find this information at our website at