- Catalog of Truancy Models - The Catalog of Truancy Intervention Models contains promising intervention models that have been implemented in schools and districts in Connecticut and across the country. The purpose of this catalog is to support the work of districts, schools, and communities in developing and implementing effective strategies to reduce and address truancy and chronic absence in lieu of filing a juvenile court referral.
- Guidelines for Excused and Unexcused Absences - In 2012 the State Board of Education adopted definitions for excused and unexcused absences for use by schools and districts in order to implement the statutory policies and procedures concerning truants and the reporting of truancy. See the Guidelines for Excused and Unexcused Absences for guidance on implementing those definitions.
- Public School Information System (PSIS) Reference Guide - The PSIS Reference Guide contains detailed guidance on reporting student attendance in the PSIS and for when to unregister students who are not coming to school for extended periods of time. Guidance on each of these important topics is contained in the appendices of the PSIS Reference Guide. Formerly they were referred to as Appendix G and Appendix N.
- Reducing Chronic Absence in Connecticut's Schools: A Prevention and Intervention Guide for Schools and Districts - Connecticut's Reducing Chronic Absence in Connecticut Schools: A Prevention and Intervention Guide for Schools and Districts provides additional support for schools and districts including: definitions, examples of root causes, local intervention models; strategies for districts and schools as well as state and national resources.
- Youth Service Bureau Referral for Truancy and Defiance of School Rules Form - The Connecticut State Department of Education, with its partners, has a developed Youth Service Bureau Referral for Truancy and Defiance of School Rules Form to assist districts in developing a system to formally refer students who are truant to the community’s Youth Service Bureau.
- Memorandum to Superintendents of Schools, February 22, 2018 - To assist districts in developing a system to formally refer students who are truant to the community's Youth Service Bureau, the Connecticut State Department of Education has developed a referral form and accompanying guidance to be used in lieu of the previous FWSN referral form.
- Youth Service Bureau Referral Guide - A Youth Service Bureau Referral Guide is also available to be used as a side-by-side resource to assist in completing the Youth Service Bureau Referral for Defiance of School Rules Form.