OverviewModule 1 of TEAM is aligned with domain 2 of the Common Core of Teaching (CCT) - Classroom Environment, Student Engagement and Commitment to Learning.
To complete this module, teachers need to exhibit the ability to promote student engagement, independence and interdependence in learning by facilitating a positive learning community.
The following indicators are observed in reviewing this module:
- Creating a class climate that is responsive to and respectful of the learning needs of students with diverse backgrounds, interests and performance levels
- Promoting engagement in and shared responsibility for the learning process including encouraging opportunities for students to initiate their own questions and inquiry
- Providing explicit instruction about social skills to develop students’ social competence and responsible and ethical behavior by using a continuum of proactive strategies that may be individualized to student needs
- Fostering appropriate standards of behavior that support a productive learning environment for all students
- Maximizing the amount of time spent on learning by effectively managing routines and transitions