RSCO Zone Transportation
The Regional School Choice Office (RSCO) in collaboration with the Capitol Region Education Council (CREC), and the Hartford Public Schools (HPS), operates the regional transportation system that serves the Greater Hartford regional school choice programs: Hartford Region Open Choice; interdistrict magnet schools operated by HPS, CREC, Goodwin College, Bloomfield Public Schools, and East Hartford Public Schools; select Connecticut technical high schools; and the Suffield Regional Agriscience Center. The regional transportation system offers various options, including traditional school bus transport, vans, public bus passes, and parent stipends, where appropriate.
Magnet School Bell Alignment and Transportation Update 2019
Map of RSCO school locations
RSCO Transportation Guidelines
RSCO transportation services are administered according to the following guidelines:
Transportation Questions: Call 860-524-4077 if you are a/an:
- Hartford student attending an out-of-district magnet school
- Suburban K-12 student attending an out-of-district magnet school
- Open Choice student (Hartford or suburban; exception: Plainville Open Choice students should call the Plainville school board at 860-793-3210)
- Suffield Agriscience Center student
- Connecticut Technical High School student
Transportation Questions: Call 860-695-8547 if you are a:
- Hartford student attending an interdistrict magnet in Hartford
- Hartford student attending A.I. Prince Technical High School
If your child attends a magnet school program located in the district where you reside, the local district provides transportation.
Generally, transportation is available during regular school hours for K-12 students who:
- reside in towns included in the RSCO transportation zone; and
- attend out-of-district programs offered through RSCO (Open Choice, interdistrict magnet schools, Connecticut Technical High Schools, and Suffield Agriscience Center).
For students in grades PK3 and PK4, transportation is available to Hartford resident students attending an out-of-district program only. For non-Hartford resident PK3 and PK4 students, the parent/guardian shall arrange transportation. A stipend - paid at the end of the school year and based on the child's attendance - is available. If you live outside the RSCO Transportation Zone two options are available. Families may:
- transport the student themselves to and from school, and then request a stipend (paid at end of year based on child's attendance); or
- transport the student to the closest available stop located within RSCO's transportation zone (there is no stipend for this option).
The transportation zone adopted by the Regional School Choice Office identifies towns eligible to receive transportation for RSCO programs and schools.
Identifies the name and location of magnets and other choice schools in the Hartford region
The Connecticut State Department of Education’s Regional School Choice Office (RSCO) partners with the Capitol Region Education Council (CREC) to operate a regional transportation system that serves the Greater Hartford school choice programs listed in this catalog. The regional transportation system offers various transportation options, including traditional school bus transport, vans, public bus passes, and parent stipends, where appropriate.
Every year, RSCO/CREC Transportation may alter bus schedules and/or bus stops. When making such transportation changes, notice will be provided to parents and school personnel.
RSCO Transportation Forms
RSCO transportation forms are designed to provide you with prompt and efficient service. Please complete the appropriate form.
- Bus Route Information Request
- Change Request Form
- Field Trip Request Form
- Early Bus Request Form
- Late Bus Request Form
- Online Complaint Form
- Request for Information Form
- Parent/Guardian Transportation Reimbursement Form
- Medical Transportation Request Form
RSCO Transportation Customer Service Center
Run by Capitol Region Education Council (CREC) Transportation Solutions
Hours of Operation: 5 a.m.-8 p.m.