Respond to School Choice Placements and Waitlists
What should you do next after receiving a notification from RSCO?
RSCO will send messages about school choice placements and waitlist notifications to your valid email address, telephone number and, in some cases, to your mobile phone through text messaging. After receiving a notification we want to hear from you about your interest in accepting or declining a placement offer or remaining on the waitlist.
Step 1: Go online to choiceeducation.org to find the link to the RSCO response page.
Step 2: Select “See Placements and Waitlist” on the RSCO “Respond Here” page.
Step 3: Log into your RSCO application account through the response page with the email and password used to create your application.
Step 4: Let us know if you would like to accept placements or remain on waitlists.
Follow these easy steps to respond:
- View your placement or waitlist status for each child;
- Select "Accept" or "Decline" for each placement offer and “Remain” or “Remove” for waitlists;
- Be sure to respond by the deadline date indicated in your notification.
If you accept a placement offer, you are required to register your child at the school to keep the placement.
1. Wait to hear from the school directly for instructions on how to register the student at the placement school after accepting the placement opportunity. You will be contacted by the school with instructions on how to register.
2. Notify your current school and district (if applicable) of your decision to accept the RSCO school placement opportunity.
If you choose to remain on waitlists:
RSCO will continue to place students throughout the spring and summer as seats become available through October 1, 2020. We will keep your application on the waitlist unless you specifically tell us to remove it through the Response page.
Your Response Confirmation
Keep a record of your response! After you respond to placements and waitlists, go to the email account used to create your application to find your RSCO confirmation message and a record of your responses in a pdf format.
Questions about Placements and Waitlist?