Respond to School Choice Placements and Waitlists
After the January 31st application deadline has passed check your valid email account for placement opportunities and waitlist notifications. RSCO will use your valid email address to send school choice placement and waitlist notifications. When you receive notification you will need to respond to all placements and all waitlists by the deadline date provided in your email notification.
Next Steps After Receiving a Notification from RSCO
1. Go online to choiceeducation.org to find the link to the RSCO respond page.
2. Select “Respond” on the “RSCO Respond Here” page.
3. Log into your RSCO application account through the response page with the email and password used to create your application.
4. View waitlist or placement status for each child, select "Accept" or "*Decline" for each child and respond by the deadline date.
If you accept a placement your next steps are to;
1. Register the student at the placement school after accepting the placement opportunity.
2. Notify your current school and district (if applicable) of your decision to accept the RSCO school placement opportunity.
Final step: Go to the email account used to create your application to find your RSCO confirmation message and a record of your response as a pdf.
*Exceptions to declining a placement opportunity due to an "All District" or "All Magnet" selections.
“All District” is a placement to a district not chosen on your application where a seat became available at the time. If you decline an “All District” Open Choice opportunity, the student will remain on all waitlists for the schools or districts selected on the application.
“All Magnet” is a placement to a magnet school not chosen on your application where a seat became available. If you decline an “All Magnet” school opportunity, the student will remain on all waitlists for the other schools or districts selected on the application.
Contact the RSCO Parent Information Center at 860-713-6990 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need further assistance.