Teachers will have students work in groups of three to four. Student will need access to the internet and large poster paper. In addition, students will be taking notes and writing reflections in their journals.
- What are the elements (geographical, social and economic) that are necessary for success in an industrial economy?
Consider prior class discussions about the emerging industrial economy of the late 19th century. Possible answers could include but are not limited to:
- Transportation Networks
- Natural Resources
- Innovative Individuals
- What elements contribute to the industrial success of Deep River and Ivoryton in the late 19th, early 20th century?
- What were the benefits to workers of living and working in Ivoryton? Explain.
- Were there any disadvantages?
- Why do you think the owners of the Company provided housing and other amenities for their workers?