Page 10 of 33
Governor Malloy Launches Annual Summer Reading Challenge at State Library
Governor Dannel P. Malloy, State Department of Education Commissioner Dianna R. Wentzell, the State Library’s Director of Library Development Dawn LaValle, and school representatives from across the state today launched the 2018 Governor’s Summer Reading Challenge at the Connecticut State Library. Governor Malloy also announced the 2018 summer reading challenge theme “Libraries Rock!” and recognized the top-performing schools from the 2017 Summer Reading Challenge.
Gov. Malloy: State's Results on National Assessment Shows Reduction in Some Achievement Gaps Since 2011
Governor Dannel P. Malloy and State Department of Education Commissioner Dianna R. Wentzell today announced that the State of Connecticut has been making progress in its efforts to reduce achievement gaps, according to the 2017 National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) – a report known as the “Nation’s Report Card” created by the National Center for Education Statistics.
Gov. Malloy Announces Increase in Graduation Rates for Seventh Consecutive Year
Governor Dannel P. Malloy and State Department of Education (SDE) Commissioner Dianna R. Wentzell today announced that graduation rates in the state reached a record high of 87.9 percent in 2017, marking an increase for the seventh consecutive year.
CSDE Regional School Choice Office Announces 2018-19 Lottery Application Deadline
The Connecticut State Department of Education’s (CSDE) Regional School Choice Office (RSCO) would like to remind parents, grandparents and guardians of children entering prekindergarten through Grade 12 that February 28, next week, is the final day to submit an on-time application for the 2018-19 RSCO lottery.
More students demonstrate college and career readiness
Today the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) released the 2016-17 results from the Next Generation Accountability System.
Jeffrey Wihbey Appointed as New Superintendent of CT Technical Education and Career System
Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) Commissioner Dianna Wentzell today announced her appointment of Jeffrey S. Wihbey to serve as the Superintendent of the Connecticut Technical Education and Career System (CTECS)
Regional School Choice Fair Saturday, January 27
Bring the family to the last regional school choice event of the 2018-19 lottery application season on Saturday, January 27, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Conard High School, 110 Beechwood Road, West Hartford, CT 06107.
- 12/11/2017 CSDE Public Announcement on the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
- 12/11/2017 CSDE Public Announcement on the Child and Adult Care Food Program - CACFP
- 10/24/2017 Milken Educator Awards welcome Anna Capobianco as the 2017-18 recipient for Connecticut
- 10/16/2017 Colchester School District’s Karen Mylly named Connecticut’s 2018 Anne Marie Murphy Paraeducator of the Year
- 10/10/2017 Support for Displaced Students - Standby Guardian Forms for Hurricane Evacuees
- 10/10/2017 Support for Displaced Students - Social-Emotional and Behavioral Health
- 10/10/2017 Support for Displaced Students - Students Living with Caregivers
- 10/10/2017 Support for Displaced Students - Trauma-Focused Treatments Map