Page 2 of 7
Milken Family Foundation Award
State Education Commissioner Mark. K. McQuillan visited the Church Street School in Hamden on Monday to present a National Educator Award to an unsuspecting Grace Griffin - a Grades 4 and 5 elementary teacher.
- 9/10/2008 Connecticut School Openings and Closings 2008-2009
- 9/10/2008 Connecticut Public Schools Identified as In Need of Improvement
- 9/10/2008 Connecticut Public School Districts Not Making AYP
- 9/10/2008 Connecticut School Openings and Closings 2009-2010
- 9/10/2008 Connecticut Public Schools Not Making AYP
- 9/10/2008 Connecticut Public Schools Not Making AYP by Category
- 9/10/2008 Connecticut Public School Districts Not Making AYP by Category
- 9/10/2008 State Department of Education Reports on 'Adequate Yearly Progress' of Connecticut Schools and Districts under NCLB
Connecticut's Aquaculture Programs to Be Focus of National Meeting of Career and Technical Education Leaders
Programs that prepare Connecticut's public school students for careers in the marine sciences and aquaculture will be the focus of a national meeting for educators.
Connecticut's Class of 2008 Exceeds National Average on SAT Writing Test
Connecticut's 2008 public school graduates again had strong performance on the SAT writing test - 18 points above the national average.
2008 Connecticut Mastery Test Results Show Uneven Gains: Upper Grades do Better
Connecticut's elementary and middle grade students generally improved their performance in mathematics and reading, while posting mixed results in writing.
Grade 10 students make gains on 2008 Connecticut Academic Performance Test
Connecticut's Grade 10 public school students showed improved performance from last year in reading, writing, mathematics and science.
Connecticut Receives Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Grant Addresses the Health and Educational Outcomes For Children and Youth
The Connecticut State Department of Education in partnership with the Department of Public Health has secured a grant of approximately $3 million.
Family, social support vital in protecting youth from risky behavior
New survey data continue to demonstrate the importance of families in helping youth avoid risky behaviors.