15 of 105 Results
- 11/18/2009 State Department of Education Reports that State has Met Second Year Goals of Sheff Stipulated Agreement
- 11/10/2009 Connecticut Prepares Application for Federal Race to the Top Funding
- 10/14/2009 Connecticut's Eighth Grade Students Post Gains on 2009 NAEP Math; Student Performance in Grade Four Remains Unchanged
- 9/2/2009 AYP State Department of Education Reports on "Adequate Yearly Progress' of Connecticut Schools and Districts under NCLB Information
- 8/25/2009 Connecticut's Class of 2009 Scores Higher on SAT Math Test Exceeds National Average on Reading and Writing Tests
- 7/29/2009 CAPT Results for Grade 10 Students Show Slight Declines at Both Proficient and Goal Levels in all Content Areas Except Reading
- 7/29/2009 2009 CMT Results Post Gains Across Grades 3-8 in All Content Areas
Governor Rell Signs Bill Requiring Green Cleaning Products in Public Schools
House Bill 6496 requires local and regional school districts to use green cleaning products in schools.
Governor Rell to Kick off 2009 Summer Reading Challenge
The Governor’s Summer Reading Challenge began in 1996 and since then it is estimated that Connecticut students have read more than 7 million books.
Food That's In When School Is Out!
This summer, approximately 33,000 Connecticut children will be able to receive free meals through the 2009 federal Summer Food Service Program for Children but qualified local sponsoring organizations must be found.
- 2/25/2009 Food Service Management Company Registration for Participation in the Summer Food Service Program
State Department of Education Proposes Changes in Certification Regulations for New Teaching Certificates Effective in July 2014
The next generation of teachers in Connecticut will be better equipped to meet the needs of a variety of students as a result of new certification requirements being developed by the state Department of Education.
State Department of Education Completes Comprehensive Management Plan to Meet Stipulated Agreement in Sheff Case
The five-year Plan, consistent with the Stipulated Agreement, sets forth annual desegregation goals for Hartford public school students.
Governor Rell: State Tech High School System Receives National Honor from EPA
Connecticut Technical High School System of Middletown and Amity Regional School district No. 5 of Woodbridge, were honored recently at EPA's Indoor Air Quality Tools for Schools National Symposium in Washington, D.C.
Connecticut's 2009 Teacher of the Year Built upon First Career at NYPD to Become Champion of At-Risk Teens
Anthony J. Mullen, a former NYC police captain, was named today as Connecticut's 2009 Teacher of the Year.