Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) is an important step in the path to postsecondary education and is associated with higher rates of college enrollment. The CSDE in partnership with the Office of Higher Education (OHE), is providing a FAFSA Completion report through EdSight Secure. This report provides authorized users in districts that have executed a data use agreement with secure access to the FAFSA Completion Status for currently enrolled Grade 12 students. The CSDE urges all districts that have agreed to receive these data to use the report and assist students and families to complete the FAFSA in a timely manner, so that we may realize our collective commitment to equity and excellence for all Connecticut students. Further a recent report by Education Dive indicates that reminders by school counselors increase completion of the FAFSA.
Please use the information below to find out more:
- FAFSA Completion Webinar Recording (above) - September 30, 2020
- FAFSA Completion Webinar Slides - September 30, 2020
- FAFSA Completion Webinar Recording - November 19, 2019
- FAFSA Completion Data - June 6, 2019
- Office of US Department of Education Federal Student Aid