2019-20 Application Deadline is July 1, 2019
The annual HFC Statement is completed online in the CSDE’s Online Application and Claiming System for Child Nutrition Programs (CNP System).
NOTE: The 2019-20 application module for Child Nutrition Programs will be available in the CNP System in May 2019. The CSDE will notify sponsors when the module is open and the HFC application module becomes available. In the meantime, all public school sponsors of the NSLP must follow the procedures below to ensure timely submission of the 2019-20 HFC Statement by the deadline of July 1, 2019.
HFC Application Procedures
- Schedule the HFC votes (healthy food option and food exemptions) at a board of education or governing authority meeting that occurs before June 30, 2019. Please make sure that the board votes address the required information, and include the correct language for the motions and meeting minutes. For more information, see Operational Memorandum No. 05-19: Process for Submitting the Healthy Food Certification (HFC) Statement for School Year 2018-20, and the CSDE's handout, Exemptions for Foods and Beverages in Public Schools.
- Conduct the HFC votes at the scheduled meeting of the board of education or governing authority. Maintain a copy of the meeting minutes indicating the results of the HFC votes for the healthy food option and food exemptions.
- This step will be completed in May 2019: Complete the online HFC application module and upload the meeting minutes indicating the results of the HFC votes for the healthy food option and food exemptions. Note: The CSDE will provide instructions on how to access the HFC application module in May 2019. Please do not access the CNP System prior to receiving this notification.
- Operational Memorandum No. 05-19: Process for Submitting the Healthy Food Certification (HFC) Statement for School Year 2018-20
- Exemptions for Foods and Beverages in Public Schools
- Instructions: Submitting Connecticut’s Healthy Food Certification Statement for School Year 2019-20
- Application Procedures for HFC (Presentation)