Well-designed project-based learning (PBL) has been shown to result in deeper learning and more engaged, self-directed learners. Learn more about the five core elements of successful PBL in this video, then get more resources at Edutopia: https://www.edutopia.org/.
- PBL in competency-based learning, by Caroline Messenger, Naugatuck Public Schools
- Edutopia is one of the best websites on Project-Based Learning. Once you visit the site, search on “Project-Based Learning” as there is a wealth of information that is constantly updated. Visit Edutopia
- Resources for Assessment in Project-Based Learning
- Looking for tools and strategies for effective assessment in project-based learning? To support you, we’ve assembled this guide to helpful resources from Edutopia and beyond. Visit page
- Another excellent website is the Buck Institute for Education. This site is full of outstanding resources and examples. Visit the Buck Institute
- NESSC Briefing No. 7—What Are Real-World Learning Experiences?
- Planning for Mastery-Based Learning
- FAQs and Definitions – Unpacking Some of the Myths and Terms in Student-Centered Learning