English Learners and Bilingual Education Statutes
- Connecticut Legislation that pertains to ELs from June 2015 Special Session
- Bilingual Education Statute
- Sec. 10-17e. Definitions.
- Sec. 10-17f. Duties of boards of education regarding bilingual education programs. Development of state English mastery standard. Regulations.
- Sec. 10-17g. Application for grant. Annual evaluation report.
- Sec. 10-17h. Planning, development or operation of initially required bilingual program. Section 10-17h is repealed.
- Sec. 10-17i. Encouragement of increased language instruction. Proficiency in language recognized on permanent record.
- Sec. 10-17j. Request to commissioner to use certified English as a second language teacher in place of bilingual education teacher in cases of teacher shortage. Teacher exchange programs.
- COVID-19 Batch Request for Extension of Transitional Bilingual Services Beyond 30 Months
- Request for Extension of Transitional Bilingual Services Beyond 30 Months
- Request for Extension of Transitional Bilingual Services Beyond 30 Months (fillable form)
- Programmatic Requirements and Best Practice Recommendations for Implementation of Section 10-17a-j, inclusive, of the Connecticut General Statutes
- Title III Legislation
- Questions and Answers Regarding Inclusion of English Learners with Disabilities in English Language Proficiency Assessments and Title III Annual Measurable Achievement Objectives. Addendum, Cover letter and Q & A
Supplement Not Supplant Guidance
- Supplement Not Supplant Provision of Title III of the ESEA
- FAQ's for Supplement Not Supplant Provision