Elementary and Early Childhood Cross-Endorsements
- Elementary, 1-6 (305)
- Integrated Early Childhood/Special Education, Birth-Kindergarten (112)
- Integrated Early Childhood/Special Education, Nursery-K – Elem. 1-3 (113)
Please note that these are only general guidelines. Approval and/or acceptance of specific coursework will be determined once an application, fee, and official transcripts have been submitted for review.
Elementary, 1-6 (#305)
- 30 semester hours of credit in coursework specifically focused on elementary education, including:
- six credits in language arts; and
- six credits in child growth and development.
- Passing scores on Praxis II Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects (#5001) test AND the Pearson Connecticut Foundations of Reading test
A list of approved courses for elementary cross-endorsement is available on our website.
Early Childhood/Special Education (#112 and #113)
The #112 and #113 endorsements require the completion of a specific planned program, leading to an institutional recommendation. Coursework, experience and/or assessment requirements will be determined by the college or university. For in-state programs, see the Guide to Approved Educator Preparation Programs in Connecticut.
NOTE: All coursework must result in the award of college-level credit posted to an official transcript from a regionally accredited college or university.