Once the adult education visit is complete, final processing may take 24-72 hours. Test-takers will receive an email that he/she has been released for scheduling. If a test-taker does not receive this email within 5 days, contact the GED® Testing Service.
- Check your email frequently!!!
- Test-takers must take all sub-tests before they will be allowed to re-test for a failed area.
- Test-takers may only take the computer based test three (3) times per calendar year.
- Since there is a 60 day waiting period to retake any failed sub-test, the online registration system will block users attempting to register before the 60 days expires.
- The State of Connecticut will be charged for no shows. Test-takers must cancel or reschedule via the on-line scheduling site at least 24 hours prior to the GED® test date.
- Test-takers must bring a current and valid State of Connecticut issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license, learner’s permit, non-driver’s identification or a current, valid government issued photo identification for proof of identity. No other items are allowed in the testing room, and will be stored in a secure location.
- The name and address on a test taker’s identification must match the name and address used for registration.
How long do you expect we will wait for scores?
Scores will be typically be returned from the test within 3 hours of completion of each subject. Occasionally, GED Testing Service validates the Automated Scoring Engine (ASE), which may result in next-day scores for Reasoning Through Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies.