Educator Learning Hub Resources
Read CSDE Plan for Reimagining CT Classrooms for Continuous Learning to learn how to design a blended learning environment, to gather strategies, resources and promising practices for synchronous and asynchronous learning.
Common Sense Education
- Free Digital Citizenship Curriculum + EdTech Ratings + PD
- Self-Paced One Hour Digital Citizenship PD
- YouTube playlist - Short, 12 - 15 min videos on how to use Common Sense resources: SEL in Digital Life Resource Center; Digital Dilemmas; Digital Interactives/Games; Quick Activities (15 min lessons)
- Free K-12 Grade Digital Citizenship Curriculum + resources
- Use digital citizenship lesson plans to address timely topics and prepare students to take ownership of their digital lives. Browse lessons by grade and topic above or find everything you need to get started to teach digital citizenship.
- All lessons can have modifiable Google slides + quizzes + family engagement resources
- Standards aligned
- Digital Dilemmas + Thinking Routines to help students develop skills and dispositions to respond to real-world dilemmas in thoughtful, effective, and empathetic ways.
- Common Sense Selections for Learning are best-in-class media resources and tools that facilitate great learning experiences for students and educators. Common Sense expert reviewers make hand-picked, official selections annually based on our independent rating criteria and pedagogical rubric
- Stop by every Tuesday to join the Common Sense editors as they discuss new tools and resources for your classroom.
Connecticut Center for Advanced Technologies
- Select CCAT to learn more about how you can engage in activities, use resources in the classroom and educate students and families.
Resources for Teachers
Apple Education Resources for Educators
- Free Resources to support learning from home
Blended Learning Environments
- Read CSDE Plan for Reimagining CT Classrooms for Continuous Learning to learn how to design a blended learning environment, to gather strategies, resources and promising practices for synchronous and asynchronous learning.
CSDE Resources for Educators
- The Science of Reading - Literacy Look-Fors Walkthrough Guide: This practical tool was created in partnership with the Connecticut Association of Public School Superintendents (CAPSS) and Literacy How to assist in establishing a common understanding of evidence-based literacy practices. Although not exhaustive, this non-evaluative guide includes essential “look-fors” designed to support teams of educators as they collaborate to develop effective literacy practices across the classrooms. For information on purchasing spiral-bound hard copies from CAPSS, please visit Literacy Look-Fors Flipbook Order Form.
- CSDE Professional Learning Resources
- COVID 19 Resources for Educators
- Digital Tools and Resources for Educators - Volume 1
- Digital Tools and Resources by Content - Volume 2
- Student Data Privacy, Grading and Assessments Volume 3
- MTSS, SRBI and Tiered Instruction Volume 4
Evidence-Based Practice Guides
The CSDE Evidence-Based Practice Guides are intended to inform school and district decision-making regarding instructional and student support programming and to optimize the use of local, state, and federal school improvement funds.
- Climate and Culture
- Early Learning
- Equity-Driven Leadership
- Multilingual Learners
- On-Track Graduation
- Student/Family/Community Engagement
Humanities - TeachRock
Why? TeachRock integrates the Arts in the curriculum using history of popular music and culture to support teachers in their ability to engage students.
Who? K-12 Educators
When and How? Available anytime, anywhere teacher created lesson plans and curricular resources to integrate the arts with core content topics. Select TeachRock to search the database of available lessons by grade, subject, genre, activity and topic.
Outcomes - Increased student engagement by making deeper connections to the content through music and music history
Khan Academy Professional Learning On Demand
Free Professional Learning Sessions for Teachers
- Watch our best PL sessions led by expert Khan Academy teachers. See the playlist
- See a full demonstration of Khan Academy in action. Watch the video
Resources to support Khan Academy, beyond math
- For 3rd-5th teachers, see our Khan Beyond Math guide and video
- For 6th-8th teachers, see our Khan Beyond Math guide and video
- For 9th-12th teacher, see our Khan Beyond Math guide and video
FAQ: Answers to common school-closure questions
Reach Out to Families: Parent Teacher Conversations about Learning
A key module in Building Powerful Partnerships with Families video coaching toolkit is a protocol for Parent-Teacher Conversations about Learning. The website includes a step-by-step guide for a structured 45 minute grade-level or classroom “learning conversation” as well as videos of actual conversations between teachers and parents.
Smarter Tools for Teachers
Discover searchable classroom resources you can use today, including educator-created lessons, activities, strategies, and professional development to help tailor instruction and boost learning.
- Visit: Smartertoolsforteachers.org
- Click into each Thinkalong topic, scroll to Teachers and and click Download the Teachers Guide to Follow Along
PD On-Demand Playlists
The purpose of a PD Playlist is to provide curated high quality resources from experts in the field in one place. Playlists promote your voice and choice on what you would like to read, watch and listen. Topics of each playlist are based on feedback from CT educators, families and students. Click in and learn!
- Financial Literacy Mathematics and Statistics Awareness Month
- Future Ready Curricula Design, Development, and Evaluation
- Career and Technical Education Month 2023
- Computer Science Week
- Manufacturing PD Playlist
- Illuminating Indigenous People, Cultures and Perspectives PD Playlist
College and Career Readiness
Digital Learning (In-person and Remote)
- Blended Learning 101 PD Playlist
- Digital Citizenship Week - October 2022
- Effective Instructional Strategies: From In-Person to Remote Learning
- How to Keep Student Attention in a Virtual Classroom
- Why Project Based Learning?
- Young Children and Technology
- Honoring Black History and Heritage
- Reading Invention Research Applied in the Middle Grades
- Sharing Hispanic Heritage and History
- Teaching Controversial Topics
- Tolerance & Respecting Diversity
Human Resources and Self Care
Student Support Services