ATTENTION: In response to the current COVID-19/Coronavirus public health and safety concerns, effective immediately, the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (Authority) will no longer accept walk-in customer complaints in our offices at 10 Franklin Square, New Britain, Connecticut. Customers may still contact the Authority by telephone (1-800-382-4586, toll-free) or by email at email@example.com.
Utilities currently offer payment programs to assist with missed payments caused by Covid-19 or based on financial hardship. Follow the link below to the utility for descriptions and to find which payment program is right for you. Contact your utility to enroll. Shutoff protection ends on October 1 for customers not designated financial hardship or not currently enrolled in a payment program. Your utility will contact you prior to shut off.
- Utility Payment Assistance Programs
- DSS Connecticut Energy Assistance Program
- Operation Fuel Energy Assistance
Our goal is to provide you with courteous, timely and high quality responses to your questions and complaints. We aim to provide you with the tools necessary to make informed choices in competitive utility markets, while protecting you from fraudulent, abusive and deceptive practices.
Outside Connecticut: 1-860-827-2622
- Customer Rights and Responsibilities
- Services Not Regulated by PURA
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Energize Connecticut: The state's official Electric Supplier Rate Board
- Consumer Links
- Guide to Public Hearings
- Freedom of Information
- Annual Customer Complaint Data