Gov. Malloy Announces $15 Million in State Grants to Enhance Nonprofit Provider Services Across Connecticut
(HARTFORD, CT) - Governor Dannel P. Malloy today announced that 34 nonprofit providers in 26 municipalities have been selected to receive a total of $15 million in grants as part of Connecticut's Nonprofit Grant Program.
Created by Governor Malloy in 2013, this is the third round of grants under the program, which helps nonprofit providers that do business with the state invest in projects that will achieve new efficiencies so they can enhance the delivery of services.
"These organizations play an important role in our state, and we're proud to partner with and support them," Governor Malloy said. "It's our goal to help organizations focus on what they do best - getting services to those who need them most."
The first round of Nonprofit Grant Program funding in the amount of $20 million was approved by the State Bond Commission on January 9, 2014 with awards announced on March 6, 2014. The second round, also for $20 million, was approved by the State Bond Commission on January 12, 2015 with awards announced on January 23, 2015.
Anne Foley, Undersecretary for Policy and Planning at the Office of Policy and Management and Chair of the Governor's Nonprofit Cabinet said, "The number of applications we received shows how very much nonprofit providers need this kind of financial assistance. The Governor's Nonprofit Grant Program helps them make capital investments they otherwise cannot afford."
The following awards were announced today:
- Bloomfield - Foodshare, Inc.: $145,000 - Vehicle
- Bridgeport - Applied Behavioral Rehabilitation Institute: $97,705 - Improvements
- Bridgeport - Goodwill of Western and Northern Connecticut, Inc.: $120,675 - I/T; $132,500 - Renovation
- Bristol - Connecticut Community Care, Inc.: $824,265 - EMR; $41,000 - I/T
- Canton - The Arc of Farmington Valley, Inc: $1,527,457 - New Construction
- Danbury - Midwestern Connecticut Council of Alcoholism, Inc.: $35,727 - Generator; $201,027 - Improvement
- Enfield - Allied Rehabilitation Centers, Inc.: $184,904 - Improvement; $108,378 - Renovation
- Hamden - ARC of Greater New Haven, Inc.: $41,225 - Renovation; $202,642 - Vehicle
- Hartford - Hands on Hartford: $80,140 - Vehicle
- Hartford - The Salvation Army: $236,836 - Improvement
- Hartford - The Village for Families & Children: $414,000 - I/T
- Lebanon - Southeastern Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc.: $107,250 - Property Acquisition
- Litchfield - Connecticut Junior Republic Association, Inc.: $48,000 - Generator; $95,000 - Renovation
- Mansfield - Natchaug Hospital: $75,000 - Renovation
- Meriden - Meriden-Wallingford Chrysalis: $59,500 - Renovation
- Middletown - Gilead Community Services, Inc.: $162,481 - I/T; $189,405 - Vehicle
- Middletown - The Connection, Inc.: $460,391 - I/T; $448,460 - Renovation
- Milford - Boys & Girls Village, Inc.: $2,160,000 - New Construction
- New Britain - CW Resources, Inc.: $594,056 - Improvement
- New Britain - Klingberg Comprehensive Program Services, Inc.: $42,000 - Improvement; $587,830 - Renovation; $36,987 - Vehicle
- New Haven - Connecticut Food Bank: $648,000 - Vehicle
- New Haven - Fair Haven Community Health Clinic, Inc.: $120,875 - I/T
- New London - Safe Futures, Inc.: $125,402 - Improvement; $92,370 - Improvement
- North Haven - Vantage Group, Inc.: $88,794 - Improvement; $112,500 - Renovation
- Norwalk - Liberation Programs, Inc.: $755,100 - Renovation
- Norwalk - Star, Inc., Lighting the Way…: $205,000 - Vehicle
- Norwalk - The Open Door Shelter, Inc.: $78,000 - Energy
- Plainville - Wheeler Clinic, Inc.: $480,376 - Safety
- Southington - Central Connecticut Senior Health Services, Inc. DBA Southington Care Center: $370,899 - Improvement
- Stamford - Shelter for the Homeless, Inc.: $217,928 - Energy
- Torrington - The Arc of Litchfield County: $109,000 - Vehicle
- West Hartford - The Bridge Family Center, Inc.: $173,340 - Vehicle
- Willimantic - Generations Family Health Center: $1,435,692 - New Construction
- Windsor - Easter Seals Capital Region & Eastern CT, Inc.: $62,280 - I/T; $464,666 - Vehicle