Governor Lamont Applauds CVS Health Announcement on the Opening of 13 Additional Drive-Thru COVID-19 Test Sites in Connecticut
CVS Health is Now Operating 25 Test Sites at the Company’s Pharmacies Across Connecticut
(HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Ned Lamont is applauding an announcement made today by CVS Health that the company is opening 13 new COVID-19 test sites at select CVS Pharmacy drive-thru locations in Connecticut. These test sites, which are set to open on Friday, May 22, 2020, come in addition to the 12 locations the company previously opened in the state on May 15.
“CVS Health has been a significant partner in Connecticut’s efforts to increase COVID-19 testing, and I appreciate their willingness to work with our administration on expanding these locations so that we can make testing more accessible and convenient for our residents, particularly within the hardest hit communities,” Governor Lamont said.
These new sites will utilize self-swab tests and will be available to individuals meeting Centers for Disease Control and Prevention criteria, in addition to age guidelines. Patients must register in advance at CVS.com to schedule an appointment. Upon arriving for their appointment, patients must stay in their cars and will be directed to the pharmacy drive-thru window, where they will be provided with a test kit and given instructions. A CVS Pharmacy team member will observe the self-swab process to ensure it is done properly. Tests will be sent to an independent, third-party lab for processing and the results will be available in approximately three days.
The 13 new CVS Health test sites in Connecticut that will open on Friday, May 22, include:
- CVS Pharmacy, 81 North Street, Bristol, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 292 Spielman Highway, Burlington, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 47 Lake Avenue Extension, Danbury, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 16 Main Street, East Hartford, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 15 Chesterfield Road, East Lyme, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 1770 Kings Highway, Fairfield, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 1657 Route 12, Gales Ferry, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 690 Wethersfield Avenue, Hartford, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 57 Providence Pike, Putnam, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 229 Hope Street, Stamford, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 1938 West Main Street, Stamford, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 2005 Norwich-New London Turnpike, Uncasville, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 355 Campbell Avenue, West Haven, CT
The 12 previously announced CVS Health test sites that opened on May 15 include:
- CVS Pharmacy, 7 Durant Avenue, Bethel, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 905 South Main Street, Cheshire, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 3514 Main Street, Coventry, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 54 East High Street, East Hampton, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 875 Enfield Street, Enfield, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 2639 Main Street, Glastonbury, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 1057 Boston Post Road, Guilford, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 479 Blue Hills Avenue, Hartford, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 150 Washington Street, Hartford, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 323 Cromwell Avenue, Rocky Hill, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 525 Buckland Street, South Windsor, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 1 Hawley Lane, Stratford, CT
For additional information from CVS Health, visit www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing.