Governor Lamont Applauds CVS Health Announcement on the Opening of 12 New Drive-Thru COVID-19 Test Sites in Connecticut
(HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Ned Lamont is applauding an announcement made today by CVS Health that the company is opening 12 new COVID-19 test sites at select CVS Pharmacy drive-thru locations in Connecticut.
“Increasing the amount of testing that’s being done and expanding the accessibility of that testing to all communities is a critical component of our efforts to keep Connecticut safe and healthy,” Governor Ned Lamont said. “I am grateful to our partners at CVS Health for their commitment to expanding testing in Connecticut. Public-private partnerships like this will only strengthen our state in the fight against COVID-19.”
“While the large-scale test sites we’ve been operating since early April have proven successful, this new approach allows us to utilize our presence in communities across the country and bring testing closer to home,” Larry J. Merlo, President and CEO of CVS Health, said. “Our frontline employees will continue to play a critical role in the testing process, with members of their communities directly benefitting from their dedication and selflessness.”
These new sites will utilize self-swab tests and will be available to individuals meeting Centers for Disease Control and Prevention criteria, in addition to age guidelines. Patients must register in advance at CVS.com beginning Friday, May 15 to schedule an appointment. Patients will be required to stay in their cars and directed to the pharmacy drive-thru window where they will be provided with a test kit and given instructions; a CVS Pharmacy team member will observe the self-swab process to ensure it is done properly. Tests will be sent to an independent, third-party lab for processing and the results will be available in approximately three days.
Testing will not take place inside any retail locations. CVS Pharmacy, HealthHUB and MinuteClinic will continue to serve customers and patients.
The new testing sites in Connecticut include:
- CVS Pharmacy, 7 Durant Avenue, Bethel, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 905 South Main Street, Cheshire, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 3514 Main Street, Coventry, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 54 East High Street, East Hampton, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 875 Enfield Street, Enfield, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 2639 Main Street, Glastonbury, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 1057 Boston Post Road, Guilford, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 479 Blue Hills Avenue, Hartford, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 150 Washington Street, Hartford, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 323 Cromwell Avenue, Rocky Hill, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 525 Buckland Street, South Windsor, CT
- CVS Pharmacy, 1 Hawley Lane, Stratford, CT
- Twitter: @GovNedLamont
- Facebook: Office of Governor Ned Lamont