Governor Lamont Announces Reopen Connecticut Advisory Group to Hold Education Roundtable Monday at 11AM
Members of the Public Encouraged to Submit Questions Related to School Reopening
(HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Ned Lamont today announced that members of the Reopen Connecticut Advisory Group will hold a roundtable discussion on Monday, May 11, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. regarding the impact of COVID-19 on the state’s education system and its ability to reopen.
Members of the public who have questions for the group regarding the impact of COVID-19 on schools can email their inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. The discussion will be broadcast live by the Connecticut Network (CT-N) and available to watch on its cable television channel and through a live stream on CT-N.com.
Those participating in the roundtable will include:
- Moderator: Mark Ojakian, President of Connecticut State Colleges and Universities
- Dr. Joanne Berger-Sweeney, President, Trinity College (CCIC Chair)
- Beth Bye, Early Childhood Commissioner
- Miguel Cardona, Education Commissioner
- Dr. Matt Cartter, Department of Public Health State Epidemiologist
- Jan Hochadel, President of AFT Connecticut
- Thomas Katsouleas, President of UConn
- Rick Levin, Former President of Yale
- Glenn Lungarini, Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference
- Fran Rabinowitz, Connecticut Association of Public School Superintendents
- Rob Rader, Connecticut Association of Boards of Education
- Don Williams, Executive Director of CEA
The Reopen Connecticut Advisory Group is a panel of local health, business, workforce, and education experts who are consulting with the Lamont administration and legislative leadership on the reopening of Connecticut’s economy and education system as the nation emerges from the unprecedented public health emergency caused by COVID-19. The group is providing Governor Lamont with recommendations, which the governor is using to inform his decisions on the reopening of the state.
- Twitter: @GovNedLamont
- Facebook: Office of Governor Ned Lamont