Governor Lamont Announces Reopen Connecticut Advisory Group to Hold Community Roundtable Thursday at 10AM
Members of the Public Encouraged to Submit Questions Related to the Impact of COVID-19 on Their Communities
(HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Ned Lamont today announced that members of the Reopen Connecticut Advisory Group’s community committee will hold a roundtable discussion on Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. regarding how best to balance health and economic outcomes amid the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly for those who are among the state’s most vulnerable populations. This is the meeting that previously had been scheduled for May 19 but needed to be rescheduled for technical reasons.
Members of the public who have questions for the panel can email their inquiries to email@example.com. The discussion will be broadcast live by the Connecticut Network (CT-N) and available to watch on its cable television channel and through a live stream on CT-N.com.
Some of the members of the advisory group’s community committee who are anticipated to participate in this roundtable include:
- Marie Allen, Executive Director of the Southwestern Connecticut Agency on Aging and Independent Living
- Ken Alleyne, Vice Chair of the Connecticut Health Foundation
- Miriam Delphin-Rittmon, Commissioner of the Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Nora Duncan, State Director of Connecticut AARP
- Mike Freda, First Selectman of North Haven
- Marcella Nunez Smith, Director of Equity Research and Innovation at the Yale School of Medicine
- Rochelle Palache, Assistant District Leader for SEIU, Local 32BJ
- Jordan Scheff, Commissioner of the Connecticut Department of Developmental Services
- Daria Smith, Executive Director of the Connecticut State Independent Living Council
Previously, members of the advisory group’s business committee and education committee each held similar roundtable discussions.
The Reopen Connecticut Advisory Group is a panel of local health, business, workforce, and education experts who are consulting with the Lamont administration and legislative leadership on the reopening of Connecticut’s economy and education system as the nation emerges from the unprecedented public health emergency caused by COVID-19. The group has been providing Governor Lamont with recommendations, which the governor is using to inform his decisions on the reopening of the state.
- Twitter: @GovNedLamont
- Facebook: Office of Governor Ned Lamont