Governor and First Lady Lamont Invite Public to Annual Holiday Open House at the Governor’s Residence
2019 Open House Will be Held December 6, 7, and 8
(HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Ned Lamont and First Lady Annie Lamont are inviting Connecticut residents to attend the 29th annual holiday open house at the Governor’s Residence, which will be decorated for the season and open to the public for tours. Located at 990 Prospect Avenue in Hartford, the open house will be held:
- Friday, December 6, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 7, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 8, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
“This is always a festive time of the year for our family, and Annie and I are excited to celebrate our first Christmas season at the Residence,” Governor Lamont said. “We invite everyone to join in the spirit, view the seasonal trimmings that were generously donated by Connecticut growers and small businesses, and celebrate the season.”
All of the decorations, including Christmas trees, wreaths, and seasonal greenery, are donated at no cost to the state. This year, those generous donations come from the Connecticut Greenhouse Growers Association and the Connecticut Nursery and Landscape Association.
Tours will be aided by volunteers, some of whom have participated in this event for over 20 years. Santa will also be on hand throughout the weekend. The Governor’s Residence is ADA accessible.
There is no admittance fee and tickets are not needed, however donations will be accepted on behalf of Operation E.L.F., an annual fundraising drive of the Connecticut Military Department that provides support to military families who are enduring the hardship of separation due to deployment. It is designed to support military families whose loved ones are deployed, preparing to deploy within the next six months, or recently returned from deployment. The goal is to lessen the financial stresses these families face resulting from their call to active duty.
Suggested donations include:
- Financial contributions through checks that can be made payable to the Connecticut National Guard Foundation, Inc. (in the memo field, please write “Operation E.L.F.”)
- Gift cards for grocery stores, department/home goods stores, pharmacies, gas stations, etc.
- Contribution of services such as fuel oil, snow removal, and home maintenance services.
Live entertainment will be performed throughout the duration of the open house by local musicians.
Information about the history of the Governor’s Residence is available on the governor’s website.
- Twitter: @GovNedLamont
- Facebook: Office of Governor Ned Lamont