State Park Season Pass
Under Connecticut's Passport to Parks Program, CT Residents are no longer required to pay a parking fee at CT State Parks and Forest recreation areas, due to DMV collecting a $10 fee ($5 per year) on behalf of DEEP at the time of registration and registration renewals for non-commercial motor vehicles. Therefore, we no longer sell Season Park passes for CT registered vehicles.
FAQs about the Passport to Parks Program
Non-Resident Season Pass for State Parks
For the frequent park visitor from out of state, Connecticut offers a special season pass at a low fee. The pass allows unlimited non-resident vehicle access with the window sticker to any state park or recreation area that has a parking fee for no extra charge.
Non-resident Season Passes are:
- Valid for one non-resident vehicle per pass;
- Valid for the entire calendar year of issue;
- Non-transferable to any other vehicle.
Non-Resident Season Passes are not valid:
- For admission to Dinosaur or Fort Trumbull State Park Exhibit Centers or tours of Gillette Castle, camping or special events with charges;
- If an area is closed to the public for any reason;
- For camping;
- For commercial use or on a commercial vehicle;
- Unless adhered to the windshield (motorcycle operators may hand hold the pass) of an out-of-state registered vehicle.
Season passes cost $112 for Out-of State residents. They can be purchased online at the DEEP Store.
Obtaining a state park season pass by mail or in person