Financial Literacy Events
Visit this page to see past and upcoming financial literacy events for the public. If there is an event that you would like us to share, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lt. Governor Susan Bysiewicz delivered the keynote speech during the Community Renewal Team’s 2020 Financial Literacy Institute on December 8, 2020.
Read Lt. Governor Bysiewicz's speech
See the video of the graduation ceremony
January 28, 2021 - The Essential Equity: Women, Covid-19 and Rebuilding CT report will be released on Thursday, January 28th at 9:00 a.m. Register at aurorafoundation.org.
January 29, 2021 - Million Women Mentors CT Chapter will be launching a promo video on Thank Your Mentor Day during National Mentoring Month featuring diverse women in STEM fields.
February 8-12, 2021 - The Greater Hartford Chapter of the National African American Insurance Association along with Junior Achievement USA are seeking virtual volunteers for an educational program for black and brown students on financial literacy, entrepreneurship and insurance: Closing the Racial Wealth Gap
- 12/8/2020: Community Renewal Team held its 2020 Financial Institute Graduation with Lt. Governor as the Keynote Speaker
- 11/3/2020: CT Jump$tart 2020 Financial Literacy Summit
- 07/6/2020: Roundtable with Lt. Gov. Bysiewicz and State Rep. Rotella on Resources Available to Women-Owned Businesses During COVID-19
- 06/25/2020: Lt. Governor Bysiewicz Roundtable on Challenges Facing Seniors During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 05/29/2020: Virtual Discussion with Lt. Gov. Bysiewicz and U.S. Rep. DeLauro on Combating the Gender Pay Gap in the COVID-19 Era
- 05/26/2020: Virtual Panel Discussion with Lt. Gov. Bysiewicz, U.S. Rep. DeLauro, OEC Commissioner Bye and Child Care Providers on the Impact of COVID-19
- 05/7/2020: Virtual Town Hall with Lt. Gov. Bysiewicz and DVA Commissioner Saadi on COVID-19 Resources Available for Veterans
- 05/7/2020: Virtual Town Hall with Lt. Gov. Bysiewicz and State Sen. Needleman on Supporting Small Businesses
- 03/27/2020: Video Conference Town Hall with Gov. Lamont, Lt. Gov. Bysiewicz and U.S. Rep. Courtney on State and Federal Support for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus
- 03/06/2020: Women and Girls' Day at the Capitol
- 02/19/2020: Capitol News Briefing with Gov. Lamont and Lt. Gov. Bysiewicz on the 2020 Legislative Agenda of the Governor's Council on Women and Girls
- 02/19/2020: 8th Annual Financial Education Expo, Sponsored by the Department of Banking
- 10/26/2019: YWCA Hartford Region: Denise L. Nappier Money Conference for Women