Our work reflects the overarching objectives outlined in the initial legislation:
- Promote public education concerning the financial and emotional responsibilities of fatherhood;
- Assist men in preparation for the legal, financial and emotional responsibilities of fatherhood;
- Promote the establishment of paternity at childbirth;
- Encourage fathers, regardless of marital status, to foster their emotional connection to and financial support of their children;
- Establish support mechanisms for fathers in their relationship with their children, regardless of their marital and financial status; and
- Integrate state and local services available for families.