Economic Security - Financial Assistance

How To

How to Apply for Financial Assistance:

  • To apply online, please visit www.connect.ct.govOpens in a new windowOpens in a new windowOpens in a new window and click on ‘Apply Now’ in the ‘Apply for Benefits’ box. We recommend applying online for fastest service.
  • To apply with hardcopy application, you can download the ‘W-1E’ application:
    Eligibility Determination Document (W-1E) with Instructions (1,268 KB) Versión en Español  
    Please see page 2 of the application instructions for mailing address. You can also drop the completed application at any DSS Field Office.
  • Walk-ins are welcomed and referred to the Social Work Division who will assign a Social Work staff member to assist with the application and evaluation of eligibility process.  Applications may be submitted in person or via mail addressed to the Social Work Unit within one of the 12 DSS Resource Centers. Applications may also be submitted by Domestic Violence community partners, on behalf of the victim. Applications will not be accepted over the phone or online.

If you are experiencing domestic violence and are seeking additional assistance, you may contact the CT Coalition Against Domestic Violence Toll-Free 24-Hour Crisis Line at 1-888-774-2900 CT Coalition Against Domestic Violence.

To apply with a hardcopy application, you can download the W-1DV Cash Intake Form:  W-1 DV Cash Intake Form