Affordable Connectivity Program - $30/Month Discount for Internet Service; All SNAP & Medicaid Members Eligible
The Connecticut Department of Social Services is pleased to bring you information from the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), which is working to help build awareness about the Affordable Connectivity Program, a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program. The new long-term benefit will help to lower the cost of broadband service for eligible households struggling to afford internet service.
**Please note: Enrollees in SNAP, Medicaid (HUSKY A, D and C), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and several other services are automatically eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. More information on qualifying at https://www.fcc.gov/acp.**
The Affordable Connectivity Program provides:
- Up to $30/month discount for broadband service;
- Up to $75/month discount for households on qualifying Tribal lands; and
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet purchased through a participating provider if the household contributes more than $10 but less than $50 toward the purchase price.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Who is Eligible?
A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria outlined at https://www.fcc.gov/acp.
Two-Steps to Enroll
- Go to ACPBenefit.org to submit an application or print out a mail-in application; and
- Contact your preferred participating provider to select a plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
Some providers may have an alternative application that they will ask you to complete.
Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact a participating provider to select a service plan.
For more information and full details, visit https://www.fcc.gov/acp or call 877-384-2575.
Check out the Consumer Outreach Toolkit at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/community-resources/
Read more about the ACP in the recent White House Fact Sheet: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/05/09/fact-sheet-president-biden-and-vice-president-harris-reduce-high-speed-internet-costs-for-millions-of-americans/