Other Helpful Information

Electronic Filing and Payment Waiver

Only taxpayers that receive a waiver from electronic filing from DRS may file a paper version of this form. To request a waiver from the electronic filing requirement, visit portal.ct.gov/DRS and complete Form DRSEWVR, Electronic Filing and Payment Waiver Request.

New Owners

Do not use the previous owner’s form to file your return. Any change in ownership requires a new Connecticut tax registration number.

Power of Attorney

To authorize one or more individuals to represent you or your business before the Department of Revenue Services (DRS), use LGL-001Power of Attorney.  This authorization allows your representative(s) to receive and inspect confidential tax information and to act on your behalf in matters before DRS.

Submit LGL-001 electronically by sending it to DRS through a secure web message in myconneCT. Log in to myconneCT, open the More … menu, locate the Correspondence group and click the Send a Message hyperlink.

Waiver of Penalty

To make a penalty waiver request, complete and submit Form DRS-PWRequest for Waiver of Civil Penalty, to the DRS Operations Bureau/Penalty Waiver by mail or fax.

For more information about the penalty waiver process, see Penalty waiver request, offer in compromise or protest (ct.gov)

Change of Address

Taxpayers can change their address through myconneCT.

  1. Log in to myconneCT.
  2. Open the More... menu.
  3. Locate the Taxpayer Updates group and click the Manage Names & Addresses hyperlink.
  4. Continue to follow the prompts on the screen.