Modernized e-File (MeF)
The Connecticut Department of Revenue Services, in conjunction with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), accepts electronically filed business income tax and individual income tax returns as part of the IRS Modernized e-File (MeF) Program. MeF is a web-based system that allows electronic filing of tax returns through the Internet. MeF uses the widely accepted Extensible Markup Language (XML) format.
Electronic Filing Information for Taxpayer Service Center (TSC)
- File and Pay Online
- Approved Fed/State Software Companies
- Online Password Reset Form (TPG-196)
- Individual Help Page
- First-Time TSC Individual User?
- Hiring a Tax Preparer
- File and pay online
- Electronic Payment Options
- Electronically File Form W-2, Forms 1099-R, 1099-MISC and W-2G
- Business Online- log in page
- Change TSC Admin - TPG-189
- Business Help Page
- First-Time TSC Business User?
- Which Taxes Can I file?
- Register online
- Bulk filing options in the TSC
- File Sales Tax Returns using 3rd Party Software
- FSET - Fed/State Employment Taxes Filing Program