- Do you owe back taxes? The 2021 CT Tax Amnesty Program offers a limited opportunity to make it right. Click here for more information.

- DRS is hiring Accounting Careers Trainee - learn about these positions at Accounting Careers Trainee Informational Page

- Sales tax relief for sellers of meals: Read the bulletin

- Learn more about myconneCT

Paid Preparers and Facilitators

Are you one of the following?

  • Accountant with an active license or equivalent issued by the State Board of Accountancy or valid and active, permit, license or equivalent professional credential issued by another state;
  • Attorney;   
  • Employee of an attorney preparing tax returns under the supervision of the attorney;
  • Enrolled agent;
  • Employee of a local, state or federal governmental agency preparing returns in the performance of official duties;
  • Employee of, or assistant to a tax preparer or person exempted from the permit requirements, in the performance of official duties for such tax preparer or exempt person;
  • Individual employed, full-time or part-time to act as a tax preparer solely for the business purposes of such individual’s employer;
  • Fiduciary acting on behalf of an estate;
  • IRS qualified volunteer tax preparers participating in either a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) or Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) program.