Status Letter

A Status Letter also known as a Letter of Good Standing, can be requested by a business or individual taxpayer to determine the status of the account.

IP 2021(11) provides information about a Status Letter. For businesses, the Status Letter can be requested via myconneCT or via a paper request (TPG-170) . For individuals, the Status Letter can be requested via the Taxpayer Service Center - Status Letter for Individuals or via a paper request (TPG-169) for Individuals.

If requested via myconneCT or the TSC, and you are in good standing, a letter will be displayed for print out. If you are not in good standing, you will receive a message that you have outstanding obligations. A Status Letter will not be provided until the account is in compliance.