Child Tax Rebate - A new child tax rebate was recently authorized by the Connecticut General Assembly, click here to learn more.

Gas Tax - For updated information on the Suspension of the Motor Fuels Tax click here

Sales tax relief for sellers of meals: - Click here for updated information

myconneCT - Learn more about myconneCT

Form 1099-G, Certain Government Payments, General Information

Verify that you are entering the correct primary Social Security Number (SSN) from your tax return (this is the first SSN that is listed on your tax return.)

Verify that you itemized your deductions by filing Schedule A with your federal income tax return. Form 1099-G, Certain Government Payments, is used to report a state income tax overpayment that was issued in the prior year. Generally, your overpayment will not be listed on Form 1099-G if you did not itemize your federal deductions for the year to which your overpayment applies. If you have any questions regarding this, please consult your tax advisor or the Internal Revenue Service at (800) 829-1040.

If you determine that your overpayment should be reported on Form 1099-G and it was not, or if you need additional assistance, please contact us at (860) 297- 5962 during business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., weekdays.)

If you have a question regarding your Form UC-1099-G, please contact the Connecticut Department of Labor at (860) 263-6000.