Highway Use Fee - Registration is now open for certain carriers to register for the new Connecticut Highway Use Fee - Click here for more information.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION - the following tax types are now available in myconneCT: Individual Income Tax, Attorney Occupational Tax, Unified Gift and Estate Tax, Controlling Interest Transfer Tax, and Alcoholic Beverage Tax. - Click here for the latest information.

This information is not current and is being provided for reference purposes only

Ruling 89-53


This Ruling has been obsoleted by AN 94(4)

According to the information presented in your letter, your client organizes functions for class reunions of educational institutions. Your client arranges the catering and entertainment, sells tickets and pays all the bills for each event. However, the class reunion committees enter into the contracts with the caterers and entertainers. Your client's fees for making the arrangements for the class reunions are commingled with the other costs associated with the events.

Based on the above set of facts, your client is required to apply the sales tax to the total sales price for the tickets. If your client directly enters into contracts with the caterers or entertainers, he or she may purchase the meals or entertainment without payment of sales tax by furnishing bona fide Resale Certificates pursuant to section 12-426-1 of the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies.


August 15, 1989