NOTICE: All DRS offices will be closed on Monday, January 21st, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. We will reopen on Tuesday, January 22nd.

Search Department of Revenue Services Filtered Topic Search

Ruling 89-217

Corporation Business Tax

Please be advised that capital losses pursuant to section 12-217(a) of the Connecticut General Statutes may only be used to offset net capital gains. In the examples that you have cited, there would exist a combined taxable income of $200 (Y Corporation having taxable income of $100).


November 15, 1989