Highway Use Fee - Registration is now open for certain carriers to register for the new Connecticut Highway Use Fee - Click here for more information.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION - the following tax types are now available in myconneCT: Individual Income Tax, Attorney Occupational Tax, Unified Gift and Estate Tax, Controlling Interest Transfer Tax, and Alcoholic Beverage Tax. - Click here for the latest information.

Ruling 89-132, Lobbying

This information is not current and is being provided for reference purposes only

This Ruling has been obsoleted by AN 2000(8)

Lobbying services are subject to sales and use tax pursuant to section 12-407(2)(i)(T) of the Connecticut General Statutes, as amended by Public Act No. 89-251. However, lobbying services are exempt from sales and use tax when they are rendered by an employee to an employer.

Since X Company has its own members represent the union at the State Capitol, has the lobbyists on its payroll and compensates the union members at the rate of pay they receive at their regular jobs with Y Company, the lobbying service is exempt from sales and use tax as a service rendered by an employee to an employer.


October 5, 1989