NEW Highway Use Fee - Registration is now open for certain carriers to register for the new Connecticut Highway Use Fee - Click here for more information.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION - the following tax types are now available in myconneCT: Individual Income Tax, Attorney Occupational Tax, Unified Gift and Estate Tax, Controlling Interest Transfer Tax, and Alcoholic Beverage Tax. - Click here for the latest information.

Missing SSN's or ITIN's

Missing Social Security Number:  If a return is missing the taxpayer's social security number (SSN), DRS will not process the return until the SSN has been provided.  DRS will mail a letter to the taxpayer requesting the SSN and a copy of the SSN card.  The return will be held until the information is received.

Missing Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN):  DRS does not process returns with “Applied For” or “NRA” entered in the SSN field. If you are a nonresident alien and do not have an SSN, enter your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) in the space provided above your name. If you have applied for an ITIN from the Internal Revenue Service by filing federal Form W-7, but have not received the ITIN, you must wait for the ITIN to be issued before filing their Connecticut tax return. However, if you have not received your ITIN by April 15, file your return without the ITIN, pay the tax due, and attach a copy of the federal Form W-7. DRS will contact you upon receipt of your return. DRS will hold your return until you receive your ITIN and you forward the information to us. If you fail to submit the information requested, the processing of your return will be delayed.