- Do you owe back taxes? The 2021 CT Tax Amnesty Program offers a limited opportunity to make it right. Click here for more information.

- If you filed 2020 Schedule CT-EITC, Connecticut Earned Income Tax Credit along with your 2020 Form CT-1040, Connecticut Income Tax Return, on or

before December 31, 2021, you may be eligible for the 2020 EITC Enhancement Program, click here for more information.

- DRS is hiring Accounting Careers Trainee - learn about these positions at Accounting Careers Trainee Informational Page

- Sales tax relief for sellers of meals: Click here for updated information

- Learn more about myconneCT

Filing for an Extension of Time to File

Requesting a six-month Extension of Time to File: Use Form CT-1040 EXT to request a six-month extension to file your Connecticut income tax return for individuals. This form also extends the time to file your individual use tax. It is not necessary to include a reason for the Connecticut extension request if you have already filed an extension request on federal Form 4868 with the Internal Revenue Service. If you did not file federal Form 4868, you can apply for a six-month extension to file your Connecticut income tax return provided you have good cause for your request. You can file electronically following the steps below under How to File.  If you file the request by mail, follow the instruction on Form CT-1040EXT.

Extension Request Not Required if No Additional Tax is Due and You Filed a Federal Extension:

If you expect to owe no additional Connecticut income tax for the taxable year, after taking into account any Connecticut income tax withheld from your wages or any estimated Connecticut income tax payments you have made, and any Pass-Through Entity Tax Credit you are allowed to claim, and you have requested an extension of time to file your federal income tax return, you are not required to file Form CT-1040 EXT.

How to File: 

  • Use TSC-IND:  You can file your extension request electronically, using the TSC.  Payment of any tax due can be made by direct payment from your checking or savings account or by check.  
  • Mail in Form CT-1040EXT:  Fill out the form and mail it with payment of tax due to the address on the form.
To be timely, your extension request and payment of any tax due must be received or bear a U. S. post mark date on or before April 15.