NOTICE: DRS offices will be closed Friday, April 19, 2019, in observance of Good Friday.

Search Department of Revenue Services Filtered Topic Search

Change of Name Request

If you changed your name (due to a marriage, etc.), you may notify the Department.  If you notify the department in writing you will need to send the following documentation along with your request:
  • Copy of Social security card with new name
  • Copy of court dissolution paper reflecting name change
to the following address:
Department of Revenue Services
Operations Division - Income Tax Teams
450 Columbus Blvd., Ste 1
Hartford, CT 06103
If requesting by telephone, keep in mind that you still need to fax in or send in documentation of proof:  When you call or write, include your former name, new name, reason for change and your social security number.