NOTICE: Taxpayers are strongly encouraged to visit the DRS website for answers to many questions. You may also email DRS at If contacting DRS by phone, please plan for wait times that may be longer than usual. See DRS FAQ's, which now include important information regarding Connecticut sales tax. Frequently Asked Questions

Required W-2 information

When filing a Form CT-1040 or CT-1040 NR/PY, preparers must report the Employer Identification Number, the amount of Connecticut wages, tips, etc. and the amount of Connecticut income tax withheld from each taxpayer’s federal Form W-2, W-2G, or 1099, where Connecticut income tax was withheld. This information will be used by DRS to give taxpayers proper credit for withholding.

For taxpayers who have more than seven federal Forms W-2, W-2G, or 1099 showing Connecticut income tax withheld, preparers must complete Schedule CT-1040WH, Connecticut Income Tax Withholding. Preparers should enter on Schedule CT-1040WH only those Connecticut income tax withholding amounts not previously reported on the Form CT-1040 or CT-1040 NR/PY. The total amount from Schedule CT-1040WH is then brought forward and entered on the return.