Hiring a Tax Preparer
To protect you, the Taxpayer, the Department of Revenue Services has imposed new requirements on tax preparers and facilitators in Connecticut.
If you choose to hire a tax preparer, do your research to find one you feel is trustworthy, compliant with all tax laws, answers your questions and is a good fit for you.
- User Guide - New Permit application
- User Guide - Renewal Permit application
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Paid Preparer Permit - find out if you are required to register
- Special Notice 2017(8), New Requirements for Income Tax Preparers and Facilitators of Refund Anticipation Loans or Checks
- Special Notice 2019(4), Permit Requirements for Tax Preparers and Facilitators