Neighborhood Assistance Act Tax Credit Program
Businesses can receive a credit of 60% of their approved contribution to certain programs (or 100% in the case of certain energy conservation programs) approved by the Department of Revenue Services. Any tax credit that is not taken in the income year in which the contribution was made may be carried back to the two immediately preceding income years (beginning with the earlier of such years).
- A business is limited to receiving $150,000 in tax credit annually.
- A non-profit organization is limited to receiving $150,000 in contributions in the aggregate.
- The minimum contribution on which credit can be granted is $250.
- The program has a five million dollar cap, which, if exceeded, results in proration of approved donations.
- Information Publication 2015(13), The Connecticut Neighborhood Assistance Act Tax Credit Program, and
- The Neighborhood Assistance Act Program tax credit summary in the Online Guide to Connecticut Business Tax Credits.
Each municipal agency or tax-exempt organization that wishes to participate in the NAA Program must complete in its entirety Form NAA-01, the program proposal application. This form must be submitted to a participating municipality for approval. Contact the municipality for deadline information. Do not send Form NAA-01 directly to the Department of Revenue Services.
A link to a list of Neighborhood Assistance Act Municipal Liaisons from the prior program year can be found below in order to assist you. This list is not all-inclusive. You may still approach any Connecticut municipality. Please note that the municipality must submit all locally approved programs to the DRS no later than July 1, 2019.
Businesses wishing to participate:
Each business requesting a tax credit under the Neighborhood Assistance Act Program must complete a separate Form NAA-02 for each program it wishes to sponsor. The contribution must be cash, and needs to be made in the corporation's income year that corresponds to the same year as the approved program.
Form NAA-02 must be submitted to DRS beginning September 15 through October 1, 2019. Businesses may mail or hand deliver their applications. In addition, applications may be submitted electronically by emailing Form NAA-02 to NAAProgram@ct.gov. No fax transmittals will be accepted.
E-mail any questions to DRS.TaxResearch@po.state.ct.us or contact 860-297-5687 for more information.
2019 Application Process
All forms and some DRS publications are in Adobe Acrobat format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or higher to view and print the forms. For additional assistance or if you are have trouble downloading a form, visit our Adobe Information page.