Neighborhood Assistance Act Tax Credit Program
The Connecticut Neighborhood Assistance Act (NAA) Tax Credit Program is designed to provide funding for municipal and tax exempt organizations by providing a corporation business tax credit for businesses who make cash contributions to these entities.
- A business is limited to receiving $150,000 in tax credit annually.
- A non-profit organization is limited to receiving $150,000 in contributions in the aggregate.
- The minimum contribution on which credit can be granted is $250.
- The program has a five million dollar cap, which, if exceeded, results in proration of approved donations.
- Information Publication 2015(13), The Connecticut Neighborhood Assistance Act Tax Credit Program, and
- The Neighborhood Assistance Act Program tax credit summary in the Online Guide to Connecticut Business Tax Credits.
Each municipal agency or tax-exempt organization that wishes to participate in the NAA Program must complete in its entirety Form NAA-01 the program proposal application. This form must be submitted to a participating municipality for approval. Contact the municipality for deadline information. Do not send Form NAA-01 directly to the Department of Revenue Services.
A link to a list of Neighborhood Assistance Act Municipal Liaisons from the prior program year can be found below in order to assist you. This list is not all-inclusive. You may still approach any Connecticut municipality. Please note that the municipality must submit all locally approved programs to the DRS no later than July 1, 2022.
Businesses wishing to participate:
Each business requesting a tax credit under the Neighborhood Assistance Act Program must electronically submit Form NAA-02 through the DRS website for each program it wishes to sponsor. Form NAA-02 will not be made available until September 15. The contribution must be cash, and needs to be made in the corporation's income year that corresponds to the same year as the approved program.
Form NAA-02 must be electronically submitted to DRS between September 15 and October 1 of each year. Submissions that are mailed, hand delivered, or emailed will not be accepted.
E-mail any questions to NAAProgram@ct.gov or contact 860-297-5687 for more information.
2022 Application Process
All forms and some DRS publications are in Adobe Acrobat format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or higher to view and print the forms. For additional assistance or if you are have trouble downloading a form, visit our Adobe Information page.