- Do you owe back taxes? The 2021 CT Tax Amnesty Program offers a limited opportunity to make it right. Click here for more information.

- DRS is hiring Accounting Careers Trainee - learn about these positions at Accounting Careers Trainee Informational Page

- Sales tax relief for sellers of meals: Read the bulletin

- Learn more about myconneCT

Registering Online

You may register for most taxes online using the Taxpayer Service Center (TSC). If you register online and there is a fee, you must make direct payment from your savings or checking account.  Credit Card payments are not accepted.  If you register for Sales Tax, Room Occupancy or Over-the-counter Cigarette Dealer (Retailer), a temporary permit will be available to print immediately.  BE SURE TO PRINT A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS.  Once you have the temporary permit you may begin using it immediately.  The Confirmation Number will serve as an official acknowledgement that your application has been received by DRS and act as your temporary tax identification number.  You will receive your registration package with your permanent Connecticut tax registration number in approximately 10 business days.

Registration Fee

There is a $100 fee (an additional $200 if the sale of cigarettes is involved) to register for a Sales and Use Tax Permit payable at the time of registration.