Welcome to The Connecticut Health Information Exchange Program
- State HIE Cooperative Agreement Funding Announcement (8/2009)
- Letter of Intent for Federal HIE Funding Opportunity (9/2009)
- Initial Connecticut Submission for federal funding (10/2009)
- Strategic and Operational Plan (4/2/2013)
- Strategic and Operational Plan Update (06/26/2013)
Effective July 1, 2014, the Department of Social Services (DSS) is the lead agency for the Health Information Technology Exchange development for the State of Connecticut. The Department of Public Health recognized the need to have this function developed as soon as possible for Public Health Reporting data and will be working with DSS closely in its’ development.
DPH is Connecticut’s designated authority to receive public health data.
DPH is NOT ready to support the capacity to accept electronic data for Meaningful Use Stage 2 for any of the Public Health objective (Immunizations, Electronic Lab Reporting, Cancer reporting and the Syndromic Surveillance).